The Local Maternity and Neonatal System (LMNS) for the North East and North Cumbria covers a population of 3.2 million, with 8 hospital trusts providing a range of maternity and neonatal services. The LMNS aligns to the North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System.
We have ten obstetric units, 10 alongside or co-located midwifery-led units and seven stand-alone midwifery-led units.
We work together as a system, bringing together commissioners, hospital trusts and service users to provide and improve care for women and their babies.
Our trusts include:
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust